Favorite Rainy Day Spots around Fairfield County | Fairfield County Photographer
I don't know about you all, but I am feeling seriously water logged after a wetter-than-usual spring and summer here in Connecticut! As a mom with two young kids, it is imperative that we get out of the house every. single. day. so we (I) don't go crazy!!!
I thought it might be fun and helpful to share a list of our favorite rainy day spots around our town of Ridgefield and through out Fairfield County.
My Rainy Day Activities List (for young children in Fairfield County):
1. Libraries - there are so many to choose from and most are fantastic just to go read, play and maybe even catch a story time. We love the Ridgefield Library so much, as well as our close neighbor, Wilton Library. Both have really nice play areas and lots of great activities. If we want to venture further, we are big fans of Darien, Fairfield and Greenwich libraries too!
2. Tumble Jungle in Norwalk - this place is a blast and though most of their classes are not drop-in, they DO have a once a day "Monkey Time" where you pay $20 to drop your child off to play followed by a pizza party! We'll occasionally do this in the evening after a long, rainy day and I can run a few errands like popping over to Stew Leonard's. This is for children 4 and up.
3. Stepping Stones - our favorite of all! We upgraded to a family membership this year since my baby is no longer a baby and financially it made a lot of sense to pay $145, when a single visit would now cost us about $45! It has already WAY paid for it's self, and the boys just absolutely love it there. We can spend 2-3 hours playing and still come back the following week and have a completely new adventure. Love it!
4. Children's Movement Center, New Milford - this is going to be far for many Fairfield County residents, but if you live in Ridgefield, Wilton, Weston or Danbury, I highly recommend the trip! It's only about $10 and is a huge facility full of play apparatus, a ball pit, bouncy castles, a zip line and more.
6. EverWonder Museum in Newton, CT - A cute little kids museum with lots to explore!
7. Barnes & Noble in Westport - this is a really big B&N with a fun children's area complete with a Thomas table and trains. I love taking the boys on a rainy day, playing with the trains, reading books, then grabbing coffee and a snack. And on my way out, Mommy always treats herself to a new magazine!
8. Chelsea Piers Stamford Little Athletes Zone - For $10 you can use their super fun play area for as long as you'd like. There is a climbing apparatus, trampoline with a ball pit, slide and more. They have a great cafe where you can sit and have your own bagged lunch or treat yourself there. They also have a really fun indoor heated pool & splash pad.
9. Stamford & Westchester Malls - the Stamford Mall has a fun and clean play area in the food court where the kids can run around like animals while you mom can sit right nearby and watch. The Westchester Mall has a brand new children's zone that we have not checked out yet, but will soon! It looks awesome!
10. Ole Soccer Jungle Gym - this beautiful soccer facility in the town of Fairfield has a really fun Jungle Gym and anyone is welcome to drop in to play. It's $10 and good for at LEAST an hour of intense play!